The iconic Heart of the Hide line from Rawlings has returned with the quality and reliability that loyal ballplayers have come to expect. These Players’ model gloves are designed specifically to meet the game models of some of Major League Baseball’s best players.
The PRO12DHJB is the same pattern worn by MLB pitcher Max Scherzer. This glove is 12” in length, ideal for a pitcher or 3rd baseman, but acceptable for a middle infielder that prefers a little extra length for his/her mitt. This glove features Rawlings’ Dual Hinge Basket Web, which is a completely closed design to hide seams as a pitcher, but grippy enough to eat up any tough grounders or line-drives along the way.
The shell, palm and web are composed of Rawlings’ classic Heart of the Hide, steer hide leather. Since 1958, this premium steer hide has been the center of the Heart of the Hide collection and set the standard for not only Rawlings, but other glove manufacturers. The Heart of the Hide (HOH) leather is soft, but durable – giving the player a long-lasting glove that forms to the pocket s/he desires; which are qualities that players have come to expect from the HOH line.
The hand opening features a conventional, open back with a laced binding. The conventional back allows for extra ventilation, while the laced binding provides a secure and snug fit – keeping the glove in place, even during the toughest plays.
Keeping the glove together, the lacing throughout the HOH series is made from USA-tanned leather. This leather is extremely strong, so the player can worry less about a hard hit or fast thrown ball breaking brittle laces, and more about securing the ball in the pocket. Looking at the inside, the palm is lined with a smooth Deer-tanned cowhide – adding supreme comfort and protection to the inside of the mitt.
Upon arrival, the HOH is about 40% factory broken-in, leaving the player to do about 60% of the work. This ratio allows the player to create a personalized pocket in less time than some other high-end gloves on the market.