The iconic Heart of the Hide (HOH) line from Rawlings has returned with the quality and reliability that loyal ballplayers have come to expect. The Heart of the Hide Dual Core gloves are designed from authentic Pro Patterns for the player that desires the familiar quality of an HOH glove, without the added break-in time. The softened leather of the HOH Dual Core models reduce break-in time significantly, so the player can get to using the glove sooner, while remaining confident in the quality of the glove.
The PRO601DCBG is 12.75” in length and designed for an outfielder. This glove features Rawlings’ Trapeze web, which is a 6-finger design. This web provides a deep, wide pocket – which is perfect for the outfielder trying to scoop and catch anything hit his/her way.
The shell, palm and web are composed of the classic Heart of the Hide steer hide leather that is specially tanned before construction of the glove. The player gets the same quality leather s/he would expect from the HOH line – durable and long-lasting. However, since it is softened leather, the pocket will break-in sooner to the style the player desires. To help with the break-in process, the HOH Dual Core line features Rawlings’ Dual Core Technology, which includes an added layer of leather that has position-specific break points built in. This gives the glove the ability to close naturally and easily according to the player’s position. The added layer also assists in absorbing impact, reducing the risk of injury and maintaining the life of the glove.
The hand opening features a closed, fastback design with a strapped binding. This closed backing has a cutout for the index finger, for those that prefer to keep his/her index finger on the outside of the mitt. This fastback design will keep the pocket deep, while protecting part of the hand from the sting on impact. The strapped binding is held together via a D-ring, which provides quick and easy adjustments for the hand opening without sacrificing a secure hold.
Keeping the glove together, the lacing throughout the HOH series is made from USA-tanned leather. This leather is extremely strong, so the player can worry less about a hard hit or fast thrown ball breaking brittle laces, and more about securing the ball in the pocket. Looking at the inside, the palm is lined with a smooth Deer-tanned cowhide – adding supreme comfort and protection to the inside of the mitt.
Upon arrival, the HOH Dual Core is about 60% factory broken-in, leaving the player to do about 40% of the work. This ratio provides a practically game ready glove that can still be molded to the player’s desired shape and feel.