Best BBCOR Bats for 2022: Top BBCOR Bat Reviews
Finding the best baseball bat for the type of player you are may seem almost as impossible as hitting a homerun every time you’re at bat. There are so many different BBCOR bats out there, figuring out which one is right for your hitting style may seem like a daunting task. We know it can take some time to find the right bat, so we decided we’d take some of the struggle out of the task and compile a list of the top-rated baseball bats for 2022.
What are BBCOR bats?
A BBCOR (Bat-Ball Coefficient of Restitution) bat is a bat that’s approved for use in high school and collegiate play. When rating these types of bats, BBCOR measures the trampoline effect of a bat instead of measuring the ratio of the ball exit speed to the pitch and bat speeds.
How to Choose a BBCOR Bat
When searching for the right BBCOR bat for you, you will want to make sure the bat you are looking at is in fact a BBCOR bat. All non-wood BBCOR baseball bats will have the “BBCOR Certified .50” stamp (pictured below) on it, typically, just above the handle of the bat. Additionally, you will want to select a bat that feels comfortable to you; one that is not too heavy or too light. Another thing to consider is the construction of the bat; one-piece vs. two-piece and alloy vs. composite. For more information on choosing a bat, check out our bat buying guide!
The Best BBCOR Bats of 2022
If you’re looking to get a competitive edge over your opponents this season, you want to find the best baseball bats out there. You probably know all the major companies, and while you would expect some of them to have great bats, you may be surprised to learn about a few of the newer or less popular companies that have emerged in the market in recent years. We’re taking the guessing game out of the equation for you, so read on to find the best BBCOR bats 2022 has to offer.
One of the hottest BBCOR bats on the market is DeMarini’s The Goods. The Goods is a 2-piece bat that features an X14 Alloy Barrel and an ultra-stiff Paraflex Plus Composite Handle. The stiff handle on The Goods allows the player to more efficiently transfer energy from their swing to the ball. This bat is great for power hitters as it features a large barrel that’s ready to make an impact.
- Large X14 Alloy Barrel is perfect for power hitters
- Ultra-stiff Paraflex Plus Composite Handle provides premium energy transfer
- Ultra-stiff handle allows for better bat head control when swinging
Marucci’s CATX Composite is an absolutely loaded BBCOR bat for the upcoming 2023 season. The CATX Composite is a 2-piece bat that features an MDX Composite barrel and S-40 composite handle. Marucci includes their one-of-a-kind Outer-Locking System to the CATX Composite, which allows for the stiffest connection while also dampening vibrations.
- A newly designed handle taper provides comfort and more bat control
- MDX Composite barrel features a multi-directional pattern for an ultra-responsive barrel
- Fine-tuned barrel profile features a more balanced design than previous CAT models
The 2023 CATX BBCOR is one of the hottest bats available and will be one of the most used bats in college baseball for the 2023 season. This one-piece AZR Alloy bat is absolutely loaded and Multi-Variable Wall Design extends the sweet spot while featuring thinner barrel walls. A tapered handle and new barrel profile is unlike any CAT model before it, allowing for a light swing weight, unmatched bat control, and faster swing speeds.
- Liquid-Gel Dampening System in the knob significantly reduces vibration
- Thermal treatment process on the AZR Alloy creates a more forgiving and responsive barrel
- New barrel profile and tapered handle create one of the best-feeling bats on the market
Louisville Slugger’s Select PWR features a unique 3-piece design and is perfect for those high-caliber players. Built for big-time swings, Select PWR’s EXD Alloy barrel is extended a half-inch further than traditional BBCOR bats. This gives the player an even bigger barrel and higher responsive sweet spot. The PWR End Cap also helps the player deliver maximum energy transfer when swinging.
- PWR Connection system provides a stiffer connection for enhanced energy transfer
- EXD Alloy barrel extends the barrel by a half-inch for a more prominent and more responsive sweet spot
- PWR End Cap helps turn momentum and energy into a more powerful swing
The DeMarini CF is one of the most renowned bat series ever, and it is back for elite hitters looking to drive the baseball. This 2-piece composite bat features both a Paraflex Plus Composite barrel and handle for unrivaled bat response upon contact. DeMarini has also included their 3Fusion Connection to the CF, creating an optimal flex to whip the bat through the zone.
- 3Fusion Connection provides optimal barrel flex
- Paraflex Plus Composite barrel provides a large hitting surface and maximum control
- Paraflex Plus Composite handle gives enhanced feel and responsiveness
Louisville Slugger’s Meta is one of the most popular bats amongst elite high school and college hitters. Meta features a game-changing EKO composite barrel to provide the hitter with the ultimate combination of performance and feel. A unique 3-piece construction is centered around Louisville’s 3FX Connection System that creates a stiff feel upon contact and optimizes energy transfer.
- EKO composite barrel combines performance and feel into one
- A 3-piece bat that’s centered around Louisville’s stiff 3FX Connection System
- A balanced swing weight that is perfect for all hitters
The perfect combination of affordability and high performance is the StringKing Metal 2. StringKing Metal 2’s predecessor, the Metal, took BBCOR bats by storm for its premium alloy that pushes the legal BBCOR limits. Metal 2 features variable wall thickness, which helps give the player more power and durability in a bat. StringKing has also slightly lengthened the barrel on the Metal 2, providing a larger hitting surface.
- High-performing, extremely durable, and affordable bat
- One-piece alloy bat that pushes the limits of legality in BBCOR
- Upgraded taper on the Metal 2 compared to the original Metal
The classic Easton Black Magic has been re-imagined in the 2023 Easton Black Magic. Easton has included their top-of-the-line technologies in the new Black Magic, such as R5 Alloy. R5 Alloy is Easton’s lightweight, highest-performing alloy that features off-the-chart barrel response. Power Boost “Soft Knob” Technology is also prevalent on the Black Magic, allowing for a better feel and maximum leverage.
- One-piece R5 Alloy bat, Easton’s lightweight and high-performance alloy
- Power Boost “Soft Knob” Technology creates a better feel and maximum leverage for the hitter
- FlyWall design layers the alloy and creates a bigger sweet spot/better feel at contact
Victus’s Vandal Gold is a premium bat that features a light swing weight. This one-piece bat features state-of-the-art VXP Alloy to coincide with a ringless barrel design, for the ultimate performing bat. A thinner barrel wall and more flexible sweet spot gives hitters higher exit velocities upon contact, making this the perfect bat for any hitter looking to increase swing speeds and hard contact.
- The pro-tapered handle provides added comfort, feel, and bat control
- Multi-variable wall thickness and ringless barrel reduce produce high exit velocities
- VXP Alloy creates a lighter swing weight for increased bat speed
A top choice for affordability and durability, without sacrificing performance, is the Marucci F5 BBCOR. The one-piece F5 is an alloy bat that is made for balance, speed, and control for a high-performance bat. Marucci’s F5 also features a multi-variable wall design, that expands the sweet spot while maintaining its durability.
- High performance that’s paired seamlessly with durability
- One-piece alloy bat that’s built for balance, speed, and control
- Multi-variable wall design expands the sweet spot for a more consistent barrel
Best BBCOR Bat for Contact Hitters
Easton B5 (-3) Pro Big Barrel BBCOR Baseball Bat - 2021 Model
Years of research and innovations have finally produced a breakthrough worthy to live up to the B5 Pro Big Barrel Name, the longtime favorite of iconic players like Barry Larkin, Mark McGwire, Jeff Kent, Matt Williams Tino Martinez and countless more. The new Easton B5 (-3) Pro Big Barrel BBCOR Baseball Bat has been re-designed for the elite BBCOR players and next wave of MVP’s, All-Stars and Hall of Famers!
- Advanced Thermal Alloy Construction
- ring-less barrel provides maximum performance
- Natural Pro Balance swing weight
Common BBCOR Bat Questions
Now that you have seen what we believe to be the very best BBCOR bats for 2022, we will answer some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to all things BBCOR. We hope this helps!
Do BBCOR bats lose pop?
Any bat can lose its pop over time with heavy use, not just a BBCOR bat. Typically, an alloy bat BBCOR bat will be more durable and keeps its pop longer than a composite bat. This is because alloy bats are one piece and are much more durable than a two-piece composite bat.
Are BBCOR bats better than USA Bats?
USA bats are typically a bit shorter and lighter than a BBCOR bat but are constructed with the same technologies to get younger players ready to use BBCOR bats once they get to high school. Therefore, neither one is technically better, they are just designed for players in different age groups.
Can you use BBCOR bats in high school?
Of course! BBCOR bats are only legal in high school and collegiate leagues and tournaments. Make sure your bat has a BBCOR certified stamp on it, or it will not be considered legal. No other bats such as USA or USSSA bats are legal for use in high school play.
Are BBCOR bats legal for USSSA?
They are not; BBCOR bats can only be used in high school, college and any tournaments that require BBCOR bats to be used. Only bats with a USSSA certified stamp can be used for USSSA leagues. USSSA bats are designed for youth players and therefore are much lighter than a BBCOR bat and have quite a bit more pop.
Well there you have it, a complete list of what we believe to be the very best BBCOR baseball bats available for 2022. We hope that this article has helped in the decision-making process of buying a new bat, and that you have been able to narrow down your choices. To see our bat choices for all baseball leagues check out our best baseball bats article.
This article was originally published on August 22, 2019, and has been updated with new information.